Adnplatform is pleased to announce the guidelines for the Curatorial Challenge, inviting curators to submit proposals for an exhibition of contemporary art related to any artistic practice in line with the programme defended at Adn Galeria.
The selected curator/s will receive a maximum of €5.000 in concept of honorarium and exhibition production budget and can submit their proposals until December 19th , 2013 at 8.00 pm. Individual and collective curatorial projects are eligible for this call (in the case of a collective group a representative should be named). The successful proposal will stand out for its relevancy, viability and adequacy both to the space and to the available resources. It can also include a parallel activity or educational programme to be organised during the period of the exhibition either at Adn Platform or at Adn Gallery. The selected exhibition will take place in the second semester of 2014, being the installation due for May 2014.
1. Application deadlines
Proposals will be accepted from October 19th to December 19th, 2013 at 8.00 pm, Barcelona time. Applications received after this date will remain excluded. Applicants selected will be contacted by And Galeria at the beginning of 2014.
The selected curator/s will receive a maximum of 5000 € gross income in concept of honorarium and exhibition production budget divided as such:
- Curator/s and artist/s fee: 2000 € gross income. Curators could assign a part of this budget to the production of the exhibition if considered of need.
- Exhibition production budget (transports of works, insurances, travel expenses for artists, construction of display’s structures): 3000 € gross income.
The amount will be paid in two instalments: 40 % at the confirmation of the selected proposal and the 60 % left, at the opening of the exhibition at adnplatform.
Responsibilities of curator/s:
- Establishing correspondence with artists in order to prepare and present the exhibition, its contents, production as well as transport of works if needed.
- Writing a curatorial text, to be used for the press release (in Spanish and English).
- Gathering of biographical information, material, images, captions of the works and detailed information of the artists.
- Providing information about the agreements and procedures with the artists, the requirements of the works and needs of the event.
- Collaborating in the compilation of contents (images, biography of the artists, press articles, etc) for the gallery web page.
- Collaborating with the local and international media, doing interviews for radios, tv or newspapers.
- Coordinating the installation process of the exhibition and de-installation together with the gallery team.
Responsibilities of Adn Galería:
- Press release, press dossier, production and mailing for invitations.
- Use the images giving in its integrity without cutting, deforming, modifying or altering them.
- Respect the integrity of the art works, unabling its deformation, modification or alteration.
- Respect the authorship of the work.
- Undertake the photographical documentation of the exhibition and individual works for archival and promotional purposes.
The final version of the selected project will be developed and finalized in close collaboration with the team of Adn Galería.
Each curator/s of the project must submit one PDF, up to 5MB with the following documentation:
-Exhibition/project outline explaining the purpose and.
- Images of the works to be included with suitable captions and requirements. (Link to the available equipment at adn platform: http://www.adngaleria.com/web/pag/planols.asp?id=15&ti=recursos&t=1&o=2&la=en ).
- Eventual architectural adaptation to the “white pool” at the ground floor of adnplatform. (link to maps with measurements of “white pool” http://www.adngaleria.com/web/pag/planols.asp?id=15&ti=planols&t=1&o=1&la=en ).
- Detailed production budget adapted to the curator/s and artists fees as well as production estimate.
-Any other relevant material for the complete understanding of the project.
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
adnplatform is exempt from any responsibility of the relation between curators and artists or third parties involved in the exhibitions.
Adn Galería team
5. Promotion and rights
adnplatform will have the right to use any image or material related with the exhibition for promotion or press means.
adnplatform guarantees the confidentiality of the documentation submitted and assured the compliance of the fulfilment arranged in LO 15/1999 protection data law.